Cupcake Recipe for Baked Egg Challenges
- Follow this recipe carefully and use all the batter.
- Following baking time and temperature carefully.
- Please bring at least four (4) regular size cupcakes with you.
- Do not use jumbo or mini muffin/cupcake pans.
- It is important that you follow this recipe to include 2 large size eggs.
- See milk allergy (*) or milk/soy (**) allergy special instructions if needed
1 cup white sugar
½ cup butter (*for milk allergy use milk free margarine; **for milk/soy allergy use oil)
2 eggs (large)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups white flour
1 ¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup milk (*for milk allergy use soy milk; **for milk/soy allergy use rice milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line muffin/cupcake pan(s) with paper liners
- In medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter (or margarine/oil substitute)
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking powder and add to the creamed butter and sugar
- Stir in milk (or substitute) until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan dividing equally so to use ALL the batter
Bake for 30 minutes (not less).
- Bring in fresh-baked cupcakes. Do not freeze or microwave the cupcakes.
- Please bring at least four (4) cupcakes for the challenge.
- Do not put frosting/icing on the cupcakes or add anything else in the cupcakes.
- Stop antihistamines seven (7) days prior to the challenge.
- Reschedule if your child is sick, wheezing, coughing, or on prednisone.